Wednesday, September 29, 2010

FALLEN SOLDIER

While in Saipan this past Monday I learned through my BlackBerry that a soldier from Guam died in Afghanistan. I read more on this breaking news and I was saddened that Jaysine Petree, age 19 was the soldier. A young female adult who joined the Army after graduating from high school in 2009. As I set out on my daily journey on the road I noticed flags on Guam were being flown at half staff as the island mourns.




McDonalds






Century Plaza





Atkins Kroll (My place of work)


Superior Court of Guam





I noticed, though, on base the flags were flying at full staff:





At the school


And at the hospital.

I wonder why?





Despite my wondering I carried on with my day taking Kin to his appointment and then here is something that my daughter usually does and that is wait at the bus stop after school to pick up the teens. I had the pleasure of doing this as I took the rest of the day off from work.




Funny thing is that when I don't plan what to do because of an unforseen early off time - I get into the goofing off. Instead of a warm meal let's eat a sandwich for dinner. Instead of doing the normal Thursday chores.............let's watch a movie. And so I did, "Letters from Juliet." I never sit around watching television in the late afternoon. NEVER.


So that's it for now my Blog Buddies. Until the next time I blog, I leave you with this pic I just had to take of Kin goofing off with freezing his wet shirt.




PUG HUGS,










Karen, the Pug Artist From Guam





No comments:

Post a Comment