Thursday, March 8, 2012

It Was the Crib Set's Fault

You see this bundle?
It was a magnificent thrift shop find that kept me occupied with my latest creation in preparation for Easter.



Are you ready to take a peek?
Okay, here goes.  Creation #1
I designed and sewed, stuffed, painted, and stained 8 of these little bunny critters to spiff up a thrift shop find
A Pug Bunny Wreath



Creation #2
Isn't the "Welcome" sign cute?  We found it in a thrift shop in Kaiserslautern and it was the inspiration for this baby girl and baby boy pug bunnies.  BTW the background is actually a 100% cotton loop rug made in India.  Another thrift shop find in Landstuhl.

I am still practicing the art of painting pug faces.  I'm quite pleased with the characteristics of the bunnies:





Creation #3
I didn't stain this piece because the integrity of the springy colors of the wings and the ears..........well I just wanted the brightness of it all.  I think I will enhance the snout a bit more.




Creations #4
I certainly loved every inch of the crib set fabric that I couldn't bring myself to discard any of it............so I took strips of it and made a rag garland.




Okay - I'm off to situate the Easter Pugginess at our front door.  I'll post a pic on our Facebook Page


PUG HUGS TO ALL!!!


4 comments:

  1. Just love your Pug Bunnies Karen, how cute are those !!! Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicky. More Pug Bunnies to come. Have a lot more of the crib set to use.

    ReplyDelete