Friday, February 11, 2011

PUGS PUGS EVERYWHERE

I am just loving the pieces I have been creating.  I steered away from plain fabric that I would stain with tea and coffee and then dry in the sun.  Instead I visited the fabric store and took my 16 year old with me.  He was a good sport because we were in the store for over an hour.  Yards and yards of fabric.  I went crazy.  So up first................WALLA - PRETTY PINK PUGS:







I'm finally adding pug pieces to my home decor and I am loving how it is turning out.  Next up are these cute pugs made with black and white fabric.  Absolutely lovely but I'm not done with them yet.  Here is a peek:

Whew them hind legs were a struggle but I sewed them babies on and I love the way these little rascals perch.
 
I so want to own antique pugs that I see on ebay.  But the bucks that they are going for are out of my league.  But one day..just  one day I will own a pair.  In the meantime I will have to do with this substitute:
I am excited to finish the set.  The front legs were so challenging.  Pinning and standing...............pinning and standing.  I spent so much time trying to make them gravity friendly.
 
Here is another antique inspired set.  True Blue Babies:
 
 

A year ago I went shopping in the seamstress district of Hong Kong and I picked up a yard of feather edgings.  BOO-YA - I put the feathers on this piece and it sits amongst my pug collection:


I must get back to sewing pug ears now.  Until then my BLOG BUDDIES - I throw out Pug Hugs to all.

Karen
The Pug Artist from Guam

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh karen!
    you take my breath away!
    these are all beyond amazing!
    what lucky puggies to get to live with you!
    :)
    xoxoxo
    m & e

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my pugness! the patterns are to die for!!! keep up the beautiful work and please let us know when you plan on selling any!!!

    ReplyDelete