Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The "THINGY" is a CroPug

I have gotten through the mass production of the the THINGY's I began in October. When I was designing the Thingy I made lots and lots of errors. But like I shared with a friend on FB - the beauty with yarn is that you can unloop it and use it over and over again. When I perfected the pattern for the Thingy - I was able to complete the first piece on November 4, 2011.









I brushed on the last coat of black paint onto its puggy nose and set it on the table to dry and then the phone rang.  It was Lillian, my daughter.  She  told me that my dad was being transported to the hospital and that she would come get me to take me there.

At around 3:00 p.m. on November 4, 2011 my dad passed away.  I look at this Thingy and I connect it with that day.  I am going to keep this little guy forever and ever.  And I'm going to call this design:

"CroPug"

1 comment:

  1. oh karen
    what a special piece of art you have created.
    your pugs are magic just like you!

    ReplyDelete