Monday, January 23, 2012

The Pug Clay Ornament Collection - IT'S DONE!!!

You may know by now that I am just having horrible withdrawal symptoms not having my craft tools and supplies.  I simply just cannot let a day go by without me working on something.  Remember this thrift shop find that I shared with you several Blogs ago?



Well I got into working with clay.........and I showed you the mess I was making experimenting with that:




Here is the rest of that story LOL.
After the clay dried I would smooth the edges by sanding it.
Now it was quite an experiement working with that sanding tool but it was a must since the little clay ornaments were so small.
I sanded 34 ornaments and when I was done with that I dusted it off and then dusted all the dust that flew onto everything around me.  Oh how I long for my patio in Guam tee hee hee.


So then I began







In the climate I'm in now the paint dried pretty quickly so then it was time to STENCIL


More Painting and DETAILING




Protecting the detailing with MOD PODGE



Once the protective coat dried it was time to
RIBBONIZE



WOO HOO GROUP PIC    GROUP PIC


Okay time to nestle them into the thrift shop find shadow box:




(sighing) This was quite a project.  The shadow box of Pugs sits in the laundry room of "Thrift Shop Finds."
Enjoy and PUG HUGS to all!!!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!
    You MUST get your ETSY shop up and sell some of those ornaments...and if not those...make MORE!! I love those ornaments you made and as you know I have a PUG-themed Christmas tree. Love your creativity!!
    Much Love,
    Mama Mindy of The Slimmer Puggums

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they turned out wonderful!!!! Did you use the clay that doesn't get fired??? I have done some stuff with that clay! It does make a mess!!!! But a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh karen!

    they are beyond fabulous!
    i LOVE them and your thift shop shadow box find is fabulous!
    what a perfect project!
    simply magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so impressive! They look great! And I love working with modge podge!

    ReplyDelete